Child Safeguarding Statement
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (2017), and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice. In addition to the procedures listed in our risk assessment, the following procedures support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our service:
• Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/volunteers of a child availing of our service;
• Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children;
• Procedure for provision of and access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm;
• Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Adventure One Surf School;
• Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons (if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons;
• Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
All procedures listed are available upon request.
We recognise that implementation is an on-going process. Our service is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our service.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed on or as soon as practicable after there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
Signed: Anna O’Donnell
AdventureOne Surf School